Modern floors in real wood
Lightwood is a smarter floor with all the wonderful properties that only real wood floors possess; warm, beautiful and with the variation in character that nature offers. The thinner wood layer is constructed using a modern technique to spare natural resources. This way, you get as much floor as possible from one single tree.
Lightwood is available in many different types of wood and patterns. The slightly structured surface enhances the natural feel of the wood and is a treat for your feet. All our wood flooring has a matt varnish, unless otherwise stated.
All Golvabia woodfloors have a high quality surface treatment, that gives the floor a long term durability and makes it easy to maintain. We have four different types of surface treatments - silk matt, matt lacquered, brushed and stained. All our surface treatments are free from solvents, formaldehyde and Isocyanate.
Mattlacquered surface has become popular lately, especially as an alternative to oiled floors. The matt surface has a glosslevel of 8-12. The floors get a soft and natural surface, almost like an oiled floor, but still easy to maintain.
By brushing the surface the natural structure of wood is enhanced. You get a surface with a soft and warm feeling which you only get from a traditional wood floor. When brushing, the softer part of the wood is more affected than the harder part, which enhances the wood structure. The floors are then lacquered with matt lacquer.
Good, hard flooring woods like oak and ash have been stained in a variety of colours for a long time. Today white, grey and black colours are very much in trend. When we stain our floors we add colour pigments in the first layer that we carefully brushes in to the wood to get a beautifully structured surface without removing the woodfeeling from the floor. Then the additional layers of UV lacquer is added to goive protection and wear strength.
Also called silk matt with a gloss level of 30. The most common gloss level i northern Europe. Our floors are lacquered with 6 layer to give the floor a beautiful look and hig durability. Each layer is thin and is tuned to give optimal characteristics to the finished flooring surface.
The details of smarter wood floors
Lightwood - A wood floor in a modern design
Lightwood consists of natural materials, quite simply of wood. It is constructed in a modern way, in several layers, where each layer is optimized to give the floor the best possible properties. Precision-cut joints and a hard wood fibre core
make it sturdy and easy to lay. Lightwood lets the natural beauty of the wood shine through, but uses the raw material from wood in a more sensible way.
- The varnish protects the wooden surface from wear and tear, without concealing its natural colour and lustre,
- The wooden surface gives the floors its beautiful appearance with natural pattern variation in the grain.
- The HDF core consists of a sturdy wood fibre board with a 5G click-joint system that makes installation fast and easy.
- The reverse side of the flooring has a balance-layer composed of paper that evens out tensions in the floor caused by moisture and temperature variations.
Maxwood - Classic beauty, modern construction
Maxwood is an innovative floor material that opens up new possibilities for wood floors and brand new opportunities for decorating with wood. With a well thought-out design and smart choice of materials, it can withstand much more wear and tear without losing the natural benefits of a wood floor. Beautiful and comfortable, without compromising on durability.
- The varnished surface with MaxGuard's diamond-like hardness increases durability far beyond the properties of standard wood floors.
- The real wood surface gives the floor its beautiful appearance with a natural pattern variation and grain.
- The protective impregnation of the joints provides greater resistance to moisture than standard click flooring made of wood fibre material.
- The robust frame made of HDF makes the floor incredibly stable. The 5G click system makes the floor extremely easy to install.
- The reverse side has a natural cork layer, which makes the floor comfortable underfoot and provides sound-absorbing properties.